Saturday, January 4, 2014

Hot Dog Chili

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

My husband loves hotdogs. Usually, I would have never thought of putting them in chili, but he was so excited at the thought so I went for it. I adapted a chili recipe I had used for before with what I had on hand in my kitchen. At first, as with the hot dogs, I wasn't sure about some of the substitutions since I'm no chili connoisseur, but there was no doubt about taste when it came time to eat it. It was soooo good!
This recipe makes enough for 4 people.

Ingredients:
-1 tbsp. Coconut Oil
-1/4 onion, chopped
-1 celery stalk, chopped
-1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
-1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
-1 (4oz) can of diced green chilis
-1 4oz can of Pato chili sauce 
-1/2 12oz can of tomato soup
-1 tsp. chili powder
-1 tsp. garlic salt
-1/4 tsp. black pepper
 -1/4 tsp. ground cumin
-1 tsp. Italian seasoning
-3 Turkey hot dogs
-1 7oz can of corn (or just 1/2 of a regular can)
-1 7oz can of green beans (or just 1/2 of a regular can)
-1 15 oz can of chili beans (I used S&W brand, these are already seasoned)
-1 15 oz can of black beans

 
 
1. Heat Coconut oil over low heat, and stir in onion, celery, and bell peppers.
2. Cook for 5 min., or until the vegetables begin to look tender. 
3. Add the can of green chilies, Patos, and tomato soup. Turn heat up to medium.
4. Add all seasonings (chili powder, Italian seasoning, garlic salt, ground cumin, and black pepper).
5. Add the hot dogs.
6. Add the corn, green beans, chili beans, and black beans.
7. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 45 min.

This recipe is definitely worth a try. It's not too spicy, but full of flavor, and if you are feeling a little cold on one of these winter days it heats you right up. 

Let me know what you think. 


Stay Wild
xoxo
 
 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment