Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Into My Wild




As I sit here this first day of 2014 sipping my second cup of coffee having already sifted through Facebook's plethora of New Year's resolutions, I wonder about my feelings on the coming of this new year. To be honest I am really excited just like all of my friends who posted their weight loss goals, and new eating habit plans. I may not be making a proclamation that I will stop eating candy, or drink less caffeine, but I am opening up a whole new avenue in my life. I am bringing to you my first, official blog post. So in that I want to welcome you to my blog, and thank you for stopping by.

I am so very excited to finally be releasing Once Upon A Wild Heart. The last few months have felt a little slow with DIY designing and planning in between work and the rest of life, but I wanted to release something that shows my intentions for this blog. I want to be committed to making consistent posts with high quality content. Of course, it will always be a work in progress and a growth experience, but I wanted to start with something that I put effort in to.

What can you expect from my blog? While this is a lifestyle blog, I want to focus on those things that I feel others can appreciate and use not just posts for the sake of posts. Some things I love to write about are spiritual encouragement, music, health, homemaking, fashion, and outdoor adventure. These are broad categories, but every post will be flavored with the idea of living a wild, free, and adventurous life.

I chose to center my blog around living adventurously because I feel that is by far the most exciting existence. Eleanor Roosevelt once said, "The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience," and that is what I want to do. I want to do it for the glory of God, to help others fulfill their purpose, and to see myself released to do all that God has purposed for me.

While I am not famous, have not made world renowned accomplishments, and do not have any extra zeros in my bank account I believe I am capable of living a life of greatness. This greatness is found, for me, not in being the next to climb mount Everest, but to be the next woman to give everyday my best. Wherever you are at in your journey of life, you are welcome to come with me as I make the trek out into the wild of life.  

Please feel free to pin, like, and share my posts and pictures. Also, I have included an email button at the top right of my blog if you would like to communicate that way. As always, comments are most welcome and encouraged. If you have any suggestions those would also be gladly accepted. I hope to make this more of a home than a website, a place where you can prop up your feet from a long day and be encouraged. So feel free to stay a while.

Thank you for being a part of my new beginning. I hope the best for all of you, and am looking forward to adventuring on with you. Have a happy New Year!

Stay Wild
xoxo


post signature
 

5 comments:

  1. :) Great blog, lady! Now we can be blog buddies! I will give you a shout out in my next post. Miss you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes! So excited! And thanks that would be awesome. Miss you too!!

      Delete
  2. Looks great! Can't wait to see this unfold :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. I'm excited to keep reading :)

    ReplyDelete